- coarse rock salt, for baking
- 2 dozen medium littleneck clams, shucked with half-shells reserved
- 1 tbsp chili sauce
- 2-3 tbsp chardonnay
- 3/4 tsp roasted garlic, pureed
- 1/4 cup panko or plain breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- salt, to taste
- lime wedges
- North Shore Organic Living® chives, thinly sliced
Preheat the broiler to high and place the rack in your oven on the second highest rack. On one large baking sheet or two small ones, make a layer of rock salt as a bed and lay the half clam shells on top of the rock salt in a single layer. Place one clam inside each half shell. Place 1/8 teaspoon of the chili sauce and a few drops of chardonnay on each clam.
In a medium bowl, mix together the roasted garlic purée with the bread crumbs, Parmigiano-Reggiano and melted butter. Salt to taste. Place 1 to 2 teaspoons of the bread crumb mixture on each clam and place clams under the broiler. Broil for 3 minutes. Let cool slightly before serving and top with the thinly sliced chives. Squeeze some lime on top, Enjoy!